Friday, January 13, 2012

Spring, Birds, and Moss Balls

January is upon us and though  it is cold outside I cannot help, but long for the Spring days that are just around the corner.   Spring is such a beautiful time of year as it brings newness and freshness to our world and to our souls.  Seeing pops of color from  trees and flowers make each day seem like a dream.  When the smell of flowers waft through the air...one cannot help but smile.  I think Spring knows that she lifts our spirits and brings a smile to our faces after we have faced the cold winter months(even if they have been mild...it has been still winter).  

I guess my love for Spring has created my new obsession with birds that I have had for the past year.  I cannot get enough of birds.  Everything I see with a cute bird on it,or a cute bird object,  I feel like I need to have in my house.   I have little birds on my mantle, soap dispensers with birds on them, bird scarves , and even birds in our showroom at our store...and yet I want more!  I guess you can say I have gone to the birds!  Moss balls are another obsession that has overtaken me the past year.  When I see moss balls I envision ways I can decorate with them.  I want to use them in vases, bowls, everywhere!  Maybe its is just the green color that draws me to them or the fact that it reminds me of a small creek with moss growing on rocks.  Either way moss balls make me happy. 

I hope you are ready for Spring and all that she has to offer us.  What is your newest Spring influenced obsession?  Watch out , because you might go to the birds too!

~The Gingham Paved Road~







No comments:

Post a Comment